DIY pest control methods can be effective, but as every DIYer knows, safety is of the utmost importance. And this is critically important when it comes to the use of pesticides. Pesticides are useful and effective, when necessary and used in accordance with the label. The first key to proper pesticide use is not using them unnecessarily. The second most important thing is properly identifying the pest so you can choose the correct pesticide to control that pest. And that’s where monitoring comes in! Monitoring can help you:
- Confirm that you have a pest problem
- Capture the pest, allowing you to make a proper identification before choosing your course of action to control it
These are two of the biggest reasons why monitoring is important but there really are so many benefits to monitoring your home for pests that we compiled the following additional list of reasons why you will want to use monitors in your DIY pest control efforts:
- Limit the use of pesticides until you have a confirmed pest to control.
- A green choice which can be effective at not only monitoring for pests but, when used correctly, can also help to control them or reduce pest populations.
- Helps you to confirm with an entomologist, your pest professional, a local extension service or with use of the internet what pest you are dealing with.
- Some pests pose a health problem when they infest a food prep area. Glue boards can alert you to an infestation so that you may take proper steps to clean up areas that pests may have contaminated.
- The use of monitors helps you to catch an infestation early on so you can take quick action to control an infestation before it gets out of hand.
- Once you have an infestation in control you can utilize monitors to ensure that your home does not become re-infested.
- Some pests are poisonous like snakes, black widow or brown recluse spiders. Monitors can alert you if your home has a dangerous infestation.
Get started with a DIY pest control program. Start monitoring your home for pests so you can create a healthy, pest-free environment for you and your family. For more information about monitors, glue boards and glue trays visit us online.